Monday, October 28, 2013

Chapter 1: Abram Goes Forth at the Call of God

The Call of Abraham

Genesis 12:1-9

This is the beginning of Abraham’s story. Established and secure at the age of 75, Abram receives a call from God to leave the life he had made for himself and become the father of a great nation.  He is to be a blessing, such a great blessing that in him all the families of the earth will be blessed.  And so, Abram picks up and goes to the land God shows him.

I’m struck by the age of Abram at his call.  I’m still not close to 75, but I am a middle-aged grandma.  I’ve lived a little.  I’ve invested in a few things. But I can’t rest in and possess what I have made of my life so far. I need to listen to God and be willing to let go of what I have and venture into the new territory that God calls me to.  

What did you notice in chapter one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment